Spicy Caprese Bites for Valentine’s Day
This simple appetizer combines brings together the classic Caprese pairings of tomatoes, basil and cheese with Dennis’ Original Horseradish for that little whoosh of heat to get your meals started off right. We think it’s the perfect way to kick off a special Valentine’s Day meal.
We partnered with lifestyle blogger _Kate.Ellen_ on this fresh new way to enjoy Dennis’ Horseradish.
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced (try slicing them in heart shapes for Valentine’s Day!)
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 4 springs fresh basil
- Dennis’ Original Horseradish
- Step One
- Evenly slice tomatoes into rounds. Place them on plates/serving tray.
- Step Two
- Evenly slice mozzarella into rounds, and place one round on top of each tomato slice.
- Step Three
- Choose one leaf of fresh basil and place it on each mozzarella round.
- Step Four
- Top each basil leaf with a small scoop of Dennis’ Horseradish.
- Step Five
- Serve on a platter on their own, on crostini toasts or with your favourite charcuterie meats.
Check out Kate’s original recipe here: