Dennis’ Horseradish Stuffed Mushrooms
These zesty horseradish mushrooms are topped with bubbling cheese for a satisfying side dish or appetizer your friends and family will love. This dish is easy to prep ahead of time by getting the mushrooms ready and then popping them into the oven just before you’re ready to serve and enjoy.
- 12 large, fresh mushrooms (about 1 to 1 ½ inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ½ ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened (typically 1 package)
- 2 tablespoons Dennis’ Prepared Hot Horseradish
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Step One
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Trim mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps aside.
- Step Two
- Finely chop stems. In a small bowl, combine butter, onion and chopped stems. Saute in a large pan until butter melts and onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, bacon, cream cheese and horseradish. Add cayenne pepper if you’d like to add a spicy bite. The mixture should be dry but not crumbly.
- Step Three
- Spoon mixture into caps, pressing lightly. Arrange filled caps on a baking sheet and sprinkle tops with grated parmesan cheese.
- Step Four
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. The cheese should brown nicely.
- Step Five
Serve your horseradish stuffed mushrooms while still warm.
Feature photo: thespruceeats.com