Fall Salad with Cranberry Horseradish Vinaigrette
What better way to eat your greens than in this delicious, crunchy fresh salad? It’s great on its own, or as a starter to a big family meal. The quick blender cranberry horseradish vinaigrette can be made a day in advance – just be sure to shake it well before serving.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dennis’ Horseradish Cranberry Sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 pound mixed salad greens (e.g. arugula, spinach, lettuce)
- Candied pecans, roasted almonds, dried cranberries, or pepitas to garnish
- Step One
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, horseradish sauce, garlic, and water. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step Two
- In a large bowl, toss the greens, fennel, apple, goat cheese, and desired garnish with the cranberry horseradish vinaigrette until evenly coated.
- Step Three
- Serve and eat right away. Enjoy!