Cranberry Horseradish & Honey Glazed Ham
In this delicious main course, our Cranberry Horseradish Sauce blends with brown sugar, cloves, honey, and lemon juice to create a warm and sticky glaze. It’ll leave your guests licking their lips and asking, “What is that?”
- 8-10 pound (4-5 kg) bone-in fully cooked ham
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey, warmed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Dennis’ Horseradish Cranberry Sauce
- Step One
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step Two
- Remove the rind or skin of the ham, ensuring you leave the fat on. Using a sharp knife score a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern over the entire ham. Place the ham in the baking tray; pour 1/3 cup of water into the pan and cover with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Step Three
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Add in the brown sugar, honey, horseradish cranberry sauce, cinnamon, and cloves, stirring to mix well until the brown sugar has completely dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Step Four
- Reduce heat to low and add in the garlic. Cook for a further minute or two until the glaze just begins to simmer, then set it aside and let cool to lukewarm.
- Step Five
- After 30 minutes of baking time, carefully remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F (220°C). Discard the foil or parchment paper and pour 1/3 of the glaze all over the ham, brushing in between the cuts to evenly cover. Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Step Six
- Baste again two more times with the remaining glaze (and the pan drippings), for a total of 30 more minutes. If your crust is still pink after suggested baking time, turn on your broiler and allow it to broil for 2-5 minutes, while keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn from the sugar. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the sliced honey glazed ham should read at least 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Step Seven
- Let the cranberry horseradish & honey glazed ham rest for at least ten minutes before serving. Enjoy!