Dennis’ Horseradish Portobello Mushroom Burger
Dennis’ Horseradish Portobello Mushroom Burger is an easy way to satisfy all of the meatless eaters at your next summer barbecue. This horseradish marinade will have your portobello’s soaking in delicious flavour and ready for the grill.
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- ½ cup Dennis’ Original Horseradish
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 buns of choice
- Step One
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, rosemary, steak seasoning, and Dennis’ Horseradish.
- Step Two
- Place mushroom caps in the bowl and evenly coat with the marinade. Let the mushrooms marinate for about 30 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Step Three
- Heat up a grill or skillet. Once hot, place the mushrooms on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes, occasionally brushing them with left over marinade.
- Step Four
- While the mushrooms are still cooking, top each with a slice of Swiss cheese. Continue to cook the mushrooms for about a minute, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Step Five
- Once done cooking, serve on your bun of choice along with avocado, tomato, and any other desired toppings!